Saturday, January 29, 2022

Supreme Court Requirements

 

  This week it was announced that Supreme Court Justice Stephen Breyer is retiring. He is considered a liberal member of the court, so I won't miss him. I don't have anything against Justice Breyer, I just wish he had retired about two years ago. 

  During the 2020 campaign, Joe Biden said that he would nominate a black woman for the first vacancy during his administration. He will now get his chance. Qualifiactions be damned as long as it's a black woman. According to Joe, this is the main requirement, no others need apply.

  According to the Constitution, there are really no requirements to become an associate justice to the Supreme Court. One doesn't even need a law degree. In fact, anyone can get nominated. But according to Joe, it must be a black female.

  With this racist policy now in place, what are the rest of the people that would like to be on the court do? If you're a liberal, then you do nothing because you want to be seen as towing the line. If you're a conservative, or a person of any other color or gender, you've got to be plenty pissed. Do you file lawsuit? I'm not sure that can be done, but under the equal rights act, it may be possible. 

  I know that Joe is going to be looking for the most far left person he can find. I guess that's what bothers me the most. I don't think that the Supreme Court should be setting policy. I think the Court should only look at the law as it is written and decide if it is in line with the constitution. That's it. Personal politics shouldn't come into it at all. In this day and age, it's not likely to happen. 

  Once again Joe Biden will show why I refer to him as the Potted Plant of the United States and will continue to practice identity politics, which is pure racism. 

  Prove me wrong. 

No comments:

Post a Comment