Thursday, July 7, 2016

An Open Letter to James Comey

Director Comey,

I have watched with interest the case involving Hillary Clinton's email. I was appalled by your decision. You laid out the case against Sec. Clinton and then let her off the hook. I have lost all faith in the criminal justice system. And I say that as a 20 year veteran of law enforcement. It appears that there are one set of rules for the Clintons and another for the rest of us.

The timing is what gets to me the most. Only days after Bill Clinton meets with Loretta Lynch in an empty plane in the middle of an airport you make this decision. It appears that you were told to make this decision. I believe that either AG Lynch or the president himself was in on this. Of course you will never admit that, but your reputation is now forever tarnished.

I'm watching your testimony today. You are falling on your sword admirably. Your bosses will be proud of you. If you really believe the things you are saying, then you are incompetent. If you don't, then you're a liar.

You sir, need to resign. Nothing you say anymore will be believed. The outcome of this could have been predicted and you went along. You caved to the political pressure and let a criminal go. I don't believe that Mrs. Clinton would have ever seen the inside of a jail cell, she's too big for that, but you could have held her accountable for her actions. I expected the President to stand up for her, but you sir should have put your politics in your pocket and done the right thing.

How does Sec. Clinton not know that what she did is illegal? Why is she not being held accountable? As Sec. State isn't just about everything she receives classified? That alone means she had the necessary "mens rea" and should have been indicted. I'm sorry, the reasonableness standard does apply here.

I will be contacting all of my representatives at the federal level calling for you to be removed from your position. I'm not worried about being able to find another job.

Hillary will always need another lawyer.

No comments:

Post a Comment